Explore the Strategy
Evaluate the Strategy
Think about what you have learned from the readings, activities, and video examples in this session. Now think about your own students and how you might use primary sources in your classroom. Discuss the following questions with your group or reflect on them in your journal.
- What are some of the benefits of using and analyzing primary sources?
- What kinds of primary sources can enhance students' learning?
- What teaching strategies or new ideas would you like to try in your practice?
- What are some of the challenges of using primary sources? How would you address them?
- What difficulties may your students have in analyzing selected primary sources? How would you help them through the analysis to arrive at their own conclusions?